Monday 21 April 2014

Almost there!

Hello and Happy Easter :)

Hope you have all had a nice Easter break.
I've had an amazing last few weeks. I'm well and truly into my new exercise routine and even better is that my weightloss has started again, and I've done a massive wardrobe clearout - got rid of all my big clothes..ended up getting rid of about 3/4 of my wardrobe! Now I just have to go shopping..YAY!

This weekend I reached my next 5kg milestone, and I'm down 25kg in total.
It's pretty much exactly 5 months since I was at my halfway point (read about it here), and now there is only 5kg to go till my 30kg goal!!!

Here is the difference between my face in those 5 months :)

weightloss blog shrinking eszter nz new zealand weight loss fitness motivation inspiration


The last time I was the weight I am now, I definitely was not this fit, and from looking at a couple of photos, I seemed bigger too... so the thought of what I will look like at my ideal weight is so exciting! Already I am so much happier in my skin, and I now smile at myself when I look in the mirror :) It's a great feeling.

The cool part about the loss kicking in again is that it's happened even despite increasing my calories. It goes to show how important nutrition is to your weight loss plans, and its not all about reducing and eating less, its about eating according to what your body needs.
This part of my journey has been particularly educational in that sense, and having to understand what my body is asking me for. If only it actually told me straight out..wouldn't that make life so much easier haha :)

The last 5kg has been so difficult and so slow, you guys all know what I went through about 6 weeks ago, but again it just shows, you have to persevere and change things up, rather than giving up.
I've never had to work so hard in my life. Actually the last 11 and a half months, has been the hardest of my life. I absolutely love my new lifestyle, and being able to do things I previously wasn't able to, but boy it's not easy! I know once I reach my goal, victory will taste even sweeter, because I have worked so hard.

I've started running again, only managed two 5kms, and it was surprising how difficult it was. But then I guess my legs have probably gotten out of practice because I haven't done any longer distance runs in two months..when the previous three months I was running 3-4 times a week. Fingers crossed I can build the leg fitness up again soon. 21km seems like a huge goal at this point, but hey, got to have something to work towards to.
I haven't given myself a deadline as such, but it would be nice to reach that distance before the year is out. That gives me 8 months :) I can do it!!

The key really is to stay positive, focus on building those good habits, but to balance that out and not be too hard on yourself. I've been working really hard to not have that huge feeling of guilt if I missed a day or if I perceived a particular workout to be not enough calories burned. If you give 100% each time you do something (which I do), then you can't go wrong. Focus on form and doing things right - that is way more important than the numbers burned.

Anyway, enough rambling hehe... here are my latest comparison pictures. 11 weeks difference and 5kg. The biggest difference I see, is my legs again, narrowing out around the knees and thighs and also the "love handles" round my middle, seem to be getting smaller. I'm ready for that tummy to go down now too lol.

weightloss blog shrinking eszter nz new zealand weight loss fitness motivation inspiration

weightloss blog shrinking eszter nz new zealand weight loss fitness motivation inspiration

That's all for this time :) Hope to post again soon!
Thanks for reading!! :)

"Don't wait until you reach your goal to be proud of yourself... Be proud of each step you take toward reaching that goal."


No comments:

Post a Comment