Wednesday 26 March 2014

A quarter through 2014 & keeping on track

Hi guys

I've been pretty excited about my new approach for the latest step in my weight loss journey. 
I have gotten into a different routine at the gym, have tried out a lot of new things, started my weights training, gave kettlebells a go (and will continue) and also have been eating more.
I also feel a lot less pressured now, even though the pressure was coming from myself, I've been working hard to keep a positive frame of mind and give myself a break.

I hopped on those scales on the weekend and surprisingly, had a loss! Down to 82.8 kgs, after being stuck on a plateau of 83.3 kgs for almost a month. Progress is progress right!


Re-took those pesky measurements as well and turns out that it does make a difference if you do it in the morning or night (after eating). In 6 weeks I have shrunk the measurements by about 2-3cm in each of the measured areas, and a total of 19 cm!! Again, stoked with that. Maybe it's a better idea to look at combined achievements like a total loss of 'xyz', rather than focusing on it being 'only' 1 cm. Focus on the positive!

Time for another before / after picture?

This is me in March 2007... and just a few days ago at the top of Mt Kaukau in Wellington.. a climb I conquered after avoiding it for 19 years. Which  one looks happier? hehe

nz weightloss fitness blog motivation inspiration

I think it's really important not to pressure one's self, that is one of the main reasons why I had my meltdown, because if you constantly pressure yourself, you're more likely to feel like a failure when things don't go as expected. Sure, have goals to strive for, but don't put deadlines on it. The body is a crazy and wonderful thing, you really just have to trust that it's doing what it needs to. If you're working hard, eventually it will catch on.

On that note, we're a quarter through this year.. I cannot believe it actually, but it's a great time to re-evaluate some of the goals, and tick off the things I have achieved. These are the goals I set myself in the first week of January:

Be able to jog at least 5km without stopping by the time Round the Bays fun run comes around at the end of Feb  
DONE! 6.5km achieved. I haven't done as much running recently, but the goal is to do 10ks next. I'd be happy if I could achieve it this year.

Keep increasing those stats for bootcamp (starting again in a week..can't wait!) 
Done x 2 and loving it. 

Get out on my very unused bike and be able to ride 10kms without stopping
I've gone out on the bike a few time since this, and they've all been longer rides, of around 16-20kms..there was a bit of stopping involved but overall can definitely feel the improvements. I have also started RPM classes at the gym (killer)

Complete the 21km half marathon walk at the end of March 
Unfortunately this didn't come together, but have sets my sights onto other big & more challenging walks like the Tongariro Crossing for the coming months. I am really excited for all of the upcoming adventures :)

Reach 80kgs (26 kg total loss) by my birthday which is the end of March 
2.8kgs away...BUT it will happen. When? I'm not sure..but it will.

Reach my 30kg loss goal by say..the end of June, mid year 
On my way for sure. I have 6.6kgs to go.

Buy a new wardrobe when I reach these goals 
I now have more than one pair of size 14 pants, and they are pretty loose. Bought my first size 14 winter jacket (previously a size 20). Can't wait for the major wardrobe overhaul though.

That's it from me this week, as always, thank you so much for reading and supporting me through this journey. Having a space where I can share my experiences, document process and also get things off my chest honestly helps me so much & if I can motivate someone else, that's a bonus!

Couple of goodie motivators I found...and one that made me giggle:

nz weightloss blog fitness inspiration motivationnz weightloss blog fitness inspiration motivation




No comments:

Post a Comment