Sunday 15 June 2014

New challenges & June progress


You guys all know I absolutely love to challenge myself, push hard every single time and say 'YES' to whatever is thrown at me to achieve results. Well I have a new challenge for myself because I just got my very first injury, and I have to change up my routine until I recover.

Out of all the things that I could have injured, it's ended up being my toe. I guess I am lucky that it is only a toe, but at expert orders, I can't do anything high impact on my feet for around 10 days and then see how it goes. 
This means my beloved Body Attack classes are affected. When it was decided that I couldn't just go ahead and do what I normally do...and I had to focus on recovering, the range of emotions I felt was weird and really surprised me. Panic, fear, sadness, anger...yup that's me, dramatic and over thinking everything.
But it's because in the last few months, I've come to realise just how much I love Body Attack, it is my happy place. It's where I feel like I can achieve absolutely anything, and where I have achieved things I never thought were possible for me. I've only just built up to doing all the challenging and higher intensity moves, so having to hold back now, even if its just 10 days, really really annoys me. I'm used to being in control of what my body can and can't do, not the other way around, so for a stupid toe to control me is very frustrating.

So this is my challenge for the next couple of weeks - get better, and focus on trying out a few new things in the meantime. It is time to embrace all the other options. My plan is more kettle bells, more RPM/cycling and more strength training. 
I actually gave Body Attack a go last night to see how I'd go with all the low impact options.. it was so so hard to hold back, but I controlled myself and got through without hurting my (stupid) toe. I am just very happy that I don't have to stop doing it all together.

Fingers crossed that after my rest period, it will heal..and I can go back to normal.
It's funny how life keeps throwing challenges at you though.

On another note...with it being the middle of the month, it's time to see how my June goals are going.

What I set out to do this month was:
- Complete the 30 day ab challenge
- Drink more water
- Blog more 
- Not weigh myself for the whole month

The 30 day ab challenge, honestly these 30 day programs don't mesh with me very well for some reason. I failed again. I did pretty good for the first week, some days were missed out but then I'd do two days worth on the next day. This week just didn't happen. I'm not going to make any excuses and I'm pretty annoyed at myself. Going forward for the rest of the month, I will complete as many more days as I can, and I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

I am definitely drinking more water, although it can be hard some days, especially when it's cold!

As you would have seen I have managed to get in a few more blog posts than usual, which I am really happy about. If you guys have any suggestions on future posts, anything you really want to know about, any questions you have (maybe a Q&A post) please let me know. I find it hard sometimes coming up with topics and what people actually want to hear :) In the meantime this is just an awesome way for me to share my experiences and maybe help inspire someone!

I am happy to say that the not weighing myself part is AWESOME. Letting go of that constant pressure I put on myself has really helped my mood and attitude. I am still working hard every single day so I know that eventually the results will catch up on the scale. I am focusing on the fitness more than anything else. It dawned on me recently that I just want to be fit more than anything else. I want to be fit like the people that inspire me every day....PT, group fitness instructors and the awesome Les Mills members.. going to the gym 5/6 times a week is my favorite time because it's such a positive environment with tonnes of people working hard surrounding me. Obviously this journey started off with wanting to lose 30+ kilos, and that was it... along the way though, it has evolved into not just wanting to be skinny, but to be strong and fit. 

I found this these tips on "10 Ways to think like a fit person"...and I think it's awesome and speaks volumes!

Which column do you come under? Something to think about till next time!
Thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment