Sunday 26 June 2016

Best feeling in the world = crossing the finish line


Crossing the finish line = one of the most satisfying & best moments in life. 
The sense of achievement & purpose, the adrenaline.. The whole lot is such a high. 
10km run at the Wellington Marathon Event today...and I met my goal. I was aiming to  run the whole way, and hopefully finish in under an hour and twenty minutes.
My garmin reckons 1:15:49 at 7.27min/km pace 😀😀 to say I'm happy is an understatement! I had a few niggles with my injury from last year, but ran the whole way and overall felt pretty strong. It was my first event since ironmaori in December and man have I missed the feeling. 
Especially the part where the finish line is finally in sight and I swear I see red and nothing else matters but that sprint to the finish. 200% effort & focus. Maybe that's why I always feel emotional once I've crossed the line, there's generally tears lol.
The finish line symbolises everything you've done to get to that point, all of the hard work and dedication, it's essentially the reward for your journey. It's just so special. 😍
It was awesome seeing my whole crew out there, smashing it as usual. The smiles & waves along the way make such a difference ❤️ we did it team!!
Can't wait to see my official time but more than anything I'm happy to be back on track with running. The goal is to run the half marathon part of my tri, and I know now that I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment