Sunday 8 December 2013

Holiday temptations

So it's almost Christmas... and the various holiday functions have begun. In the past week at work alone I've had a few morning teas and the first of two christmas lunches. Everything on offer is not the best for anyone's healthy eating plan, and you kind of feel like you can't just excuse yourself and not eat anything. I'm finding this a real challenge! 

So in terms of eating this week.. I indulged more than once! I ate lollies for the first time in... quite a while, and it's one of those things that just scream at you to eat more. Damn you pineapple lumps. In saying that though, I have still logged everything that has gone into my mouth, and have tried to amp up the exercise a bit to try and counteract those treats. 

I did some researching on how I can combat the Holiday Season eating problem throughout the next few weeks and have found a few handy tips:



  • Don't sample everything on offer, and opt for the healthier options if possible
  • Don't go to functions hungry, this way you're less likely to pig out on the goodies
  • Cut back on the alcohol, or at least try to choose lighter options, and still have plenty of water
  • Keep up the exercise, the holidays is no excuse to cut back on this
  • Remember that Christmas is only one (max two days), and don't let the Christmas treats carry on until January!
  • Don't feel bad if you've over indulged on a couple of days, that isn't going to ruin all of your hard work
These will be my mantras for the next few weeks :)

Nothing to report in terms of weight loss this week, but I've figured out that my pattern seems to be nothing or very little in week 1, then a big push in week 2.. so hopefully more results next week.

Also, I am obsessed with exercise/fitness clothes. They are so comfortable and wish I could wear them all day every day.

I'm going to leave you all with my favourite motivational quote of the moment:





No comments:

Post a Comment