Wednesday 19 February 2014

The results are in...

Bootcamp Round 3 - done and dusted. 
I could only do once a week this round, rather than twice a week for the previous rounds and I was terrified that I'd not be able to improve without the motivating environment that is boot camp and my awesome PT (Courtney). Instead I've been going hard at the gym, and with my running.
Tonight however, was the fitness test. I was super pumped and excited to see how far I'd come since Christmas.

Running, not going to  use it for comparison purposes as it was slightly different, but lets face it, I've gone from being able to run for 1 minute at a time...to completing 5 kms :) so I am stoked with that.

Here are the rest of my results and will note down the progress along the way. My first session was in October (4 months ago).

Squats  (as many as possible in 2 minutes)
Now: 85 (even though this is slightly less than last time, apparently technique is better so happy with that!)

Round 2: 91
End of round 1: 68
Initial: 56

Burpees (as many as possible in 2 minutes)
Now: 44 (WOOHOO!)

Round 2: 33
End of round 1: 33
Initial: 26

Push ups (on knees) (as many as possible without stopping/slowing down)
Now: 41

Round 2: 35
End of round 1: 32
Initial: 15

Plank / Prone hold
Now: 2min 42 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So surprised!!!

Round 2: 1min 32 seconds
End of round 1: 1min 12 seconds
Initial: 36 seconds


Joining boot camp was the best thing I ever did for my health and fitness, but more than anything, doing something so regularly has proved this to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment